Sunday, October 21, 2007

Let The Fun Begin

Well, we are here at Mayo. It's Sunday night, I've had my shower, I'm in my jammies (which includes an Arkansas sweatshirt....it's fun to confuse the locals) and I'm pretty sure there's not a lot of sleep in my future.

I'm not looking forward to tomorrow. By far, it will be the worst day of the three days of testing. But, on the bright side, by tomorrow night at this time, it will be over. I will be in worse shape, but the worst of it will be over. The sharpest needles, the worst pain, the longest procedures; they will all be tomorrow. Not everything Tuesday and Wednesday will be pleasant, but after tomorrow I just won't care. I guess that's something.

So, here we go. Let the sticking and the radiation poisoning and the poking and the prodding begin......

2 comments:

Andy Weld said...

Hey look! It's a comment!!

Seriously, just a note to wish you the best these next few days. Hang in there. We're all thinking of you.

MrsRobbieD said...

Best wishes. I read your columns in the paper as well. You are not on my favorite list. I don't blog on here as much as I use to.

You wrote a very touching column about my late father in law Mike Kelly in June. Thank you.