Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Day 3...A Roadblock

Have I mentioned how tired I am? Several times, you say? Oh, sorry about that. It seems to be a recurring theme. This place is exhausting. There's a lot of hurry up and wait. Like this morning. When I thought I had an hour to make my next appointment. When I double checked I realized I had 20 minutes. That's not a lot of time, considering Gary was in the shower, and Mayo is a huge facility.

It got better. I got to the second floor of the hospital, found the right area, and things seemed a little....off. Well, a lot off. It looked like a residential treatment facility. I re-checked my schedule. I was on the right floor of the right hospital at the right time (barely). I checked in and waited. When the nurse came to get me and we started talking, I discovered my first impression was right. I was at the wrong place. A foul up in the scheduling process had me at the wrong building, the wrong floor, the wrong everything. No, I wasn't here for the intensive three week program. Thanks, but no thanks.

A quick check with my doctor proved that a few (dozen) wires got crossed. I wasn't supposed to be at that clinic. I was supposed to be at the other clinic. Which means that now, instead of getting a very important consultation done today, it won't get done until Friday. Sigh. Just another day in paradise.

No comments: