Monday, October 29, 2007

Home Sweet Home

We are home. We got in late Saturday night. I am exhausted, and I am in PAIN! It seems that during the cisternogram last Monday, the needle going into my spinal column also managed to hit a nerve. The nerve didn't like getting poked with the needle one bit, so my back and my left leg have revolted. It hurts to sit, stand, walk, and lay down. Lovely. Just lovely. I knew my back was hurting, but it always hurts after a lumbar puncture. When the pain got worse instead of better, we had to get it checked out. This is not something I want to deal with.

One the positive side, I got a nerve block in the back of my skull Friday at Mayo. It hurt like holy heck for about two minutes, but then it completely stopped all the pain. Pain free is very, very good.

We are now in the waiting stage. My team of doctors will review all of the test results from the past week, and determine whether or not the neurostimulator implant is a option for me. We are hoping and praying it is. If they say yes, we will be back at Mayo in about two weeks for more testing. The process will take about a month between testing, surgical procedures to get ready for the implant, and the actual implant.

Right now it is the only hope we have to hold on to, so we are holding on tight.

No comments: