Saturday, October 6, 2007

About Around Here

I wanted to let you know why I chose the name Around Here. It's sort of a southern thing, to hear about Around Here. When something is done well, that's just the way things are done Around Here. When something is not done well, we can do better than that Around Here.

Every couple of months, I go to the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota. And every single time I am up there, someone says "you're not from Around Here, are you?" No. No, I'm not. I'm a Southern girl, born and bred. It's something I'm proud of. There's nothing wrong with being from Up There, it's just not for me. I'm from Around Here. I was born Around Here, and I'll die Around Here.

I hope I can bring honor, light and laughter to Around Here. I hope to make you smile, and sometimes I might make you cry. Maybe I'll make you think. It's all a part of being from Around Here.

No comments: