Monday, January 7, 2008

Day One - Monday

Day One is over and done, another one down and survived. It was a looong one. But it's over. I'm sore from so much walking. Mayo is a huge place, actually a complex of quite a few buildings spread out over several city blocks. One appointment today was at St. Mary's hospital this morning; a continuation at St. Mary's from 1 p.m. to about 3; then another appointment at Mayo, which is actually just one building in the whole complex. St. Mary's is probably a mile or more from the Mayo building.

There are shuttles that take you from building to building and wheelchairs if you need them, but even just going from one appointment to another in the same building requires covering the equivalent of several city blocks.

We went to Fridays to eat my favorite thing...fried green beans. I know it sounds gross. It is actually a lot better than it sounds. It has no nutritional value whatsoever, but I really like them, and we don't have a TGIFriday's at home. After that we went to the mall to use one of my Christmas gifts from my mother-in-law, a gift certificate to Barnes and Noble. I love to read, and could literally spend hours in a book store. I never get to spend as much time as I want, because there is always something else that needs to be done. But up here, after we are done for the day, we have nothing but time to kill. Gary got a magazine and just sat and read while I browsed and browsed and browsed. I loved it. Gary tolerated it.

Tomorrow it is back to St. Mary's hospital for another full day, but then we get a break Wednesday.

No comments: