Monday, March 31, 2008

They Were Watching And Tracking, For Us

Almost two weeks ago, I was very upset about the severe weather coverage that had taken place. I felt like KAIT had let us down by dropping coverage while we were still in the midst of the storm, and I wasn't quiet about expressing my displeasure.

We've had bad weather here again tonight, and I could not be more pleased with KAIT. They promised to stick with the weather coverage until the bad weather was "completely out of Region 8," and I admit, I wondered if they meant it.

They did. They were on frequently tonight. They mentioned Mississippi County. They mentioned Gosnell and Blytheville. They shocked me speechless by acknowledging two areas across the river in Tennessee that weren't in Region 8, but that were in their viewing area. Therefore, they also warned those folks of the impending storms.

It's not about getting our name on air. It's about being aware that the storms are still here, and we are depending on them, even though we are at the river's edge. We've depended on them before, and I've not been sure of their commitment.

Tonight, they kept their promise. They tracked. They watched. And they stayed on, until the storms crossed through Mississippi County and over the river. I expressed my displeasure last time, so it's only fair that this time I give praise where praise is due.

Thanks, Ryan. I was counting on you. I appreciate you keeping me, and my county, updated and aware of the situation. I know it wasn't all that bad, even though it sounded horrible a few times. I truly did feel like you were watching out for us.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Thanks Tena... Tonight's squall line looked pretty nasty, especially south of Osceola. We had to balance out the loyal fans of "The Bachelor", too.

That's not an easy task! LOL

Take care,
Ryan

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Good for you, Tena. I appreciate that you were fair in your assessment of KAIT's weather coverage for this event.

I was one of the ones who commented last time, defending Ryan and KAIT, and I could see both sides of the situation. It's only fair that I comment again and give you a thumbs up for keeping the record straight here.