Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Of Endings and Beginnings

The weekly columns are ending, but my writing hasn't stopped, it has just switched directions.

I've been appointed to the position of Public Information Officer for the Bootheel Squadron of the Civil Air Patrol. It's like being a reporter, in reverse. I take the pictures and write the stories, but now I only do it for one agency instead of an entire community. Instead of being the person getting press releases, I am the person sending out the press releases.

I'm also, eventually, going to write a book. Along with my sister, my Dad, and Michael and Tiffany, we are collaborating in an effort to keep journals about Michael and Tiffany's time in Africa as missionaries. When they return, we are going to combine our journals into what I believe will be a chronicle of the miracle working power of God in not only Michael and Tiffany's life, but in the lives of the many people they will come in contact with during their two years.

We as a family are supporting them and holding them up in prayer during their journey, and I firmly believe when we begin to compare our journals that answered prayers will leap out at us time and time again. It is a long term project and a labor of love, but I am very excited about it.

Perhaps there is a newspaper in my future here in Clay County. I love writing too much to give it up completely. Then again, the Courier spoiled me to the point that I may not be able to work for anyone else.

For now, though, the Civil Air Patrol is keeping me plenty busy enough. For later...time will tell.

No comments: