Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Shock and the Pain

Can't breathe. Can't think. May be hyperventilating. Gotta push past it. How could this happen? I'm here, aren't I? I've done everything in my power to show my love, my support. I've been loyal. Ridiculously so.

Starbucks is leaving Blytheville. Things will never be the same. How can they be "underperforming?" Even my mom laughed at that. She thinks my business alone should keep them in the black.

I like Jenni Betts Deming, who broke the news in today's Blytheville Courier. I have reason to believe she likes Starbucks. Or, at least the people that work there. So how can she so callously say that we will soon have to go elsewhere for our caffeine cravings??

There is no elsewhere. It's Starbucks. Folger's just doesn't cut it. I know there's a few fast food places that say they can compete. Please. It's not the same. Not even close.

My Mom thinks I might can rally the troops and save our 'Bux. I doubt I can compete with the corporate world; but hey, if it saves our Starbucks, I'm all for it.

So, good citizens of Blytheville: Go Buy Something At Starbucks. Go Now. Go Tonight. Go Tomorrow. Go Often. They have more than coffee. They have tea. They have cold drinks. They have food. Heck, they even have juice and water. Order my son's favorite drink, an Italian Cream Soda. Just Go. Soon. Often.

Starbucks leaving Blytheville? I can't think about it. It makes it hard to breathe.

No comments: